What does blood test with these creatinine and gfr levels indicate?

I received a blood test back with creatinine level of 2.58 and gfr of 23.14. All other blood and urine tests were within nornal limits.I am 41 female. Healthy. No high blood pressure or diabeties. This result came out of the blue. I had open heart surgery 2yrs ago to repair mitral valve. Complete success. I only take aspirin daily. don't feel bad. Can this be a fluke? Test was for life insurance and I fasted since night before. I tend to eat a high protein low carb diet
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: High Serum creatinine. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Lab tests are prone to errors and if they are out of place they should be repeated to confirm the results. But in spite of knowing this fact, i get a lot of patients who have been totally asymptomatic and were detected to have kidney disease on a routine check-up. This is because early kidney disease is quite symptom free. especially disorders like interstitial nephritis may not have any symptoms till advanced stage. Early symptoms of kidney disease would include, menstrual disturbance with irregular or heavy periods, sleep cycle changes, breathlessness on exertion, general ill health and body pain. So first we need to confirm if you have a kidney disease or not. I would recommend you to go for these investigations under guidance of your treating physician- Blood Urea Nitrogen ( BUN) serum creatinine Sodium Potassium, Calcium, phosphorus and uric acid (Kidney Function Test) Urine routine and microscopy. Ultrasound for kidney size and echo-texture. Please write-in with the reports then we can discuss again Best wishes.