What does blood lines under the skin indicate?

General Surgeon
My 16 yr old son has under the skin blood lines that look like scratches. These lines have no inflammation and are not itchy. They first appeared on his arm in August and disappeared after a few days and now have just appeared on his chest. He has no pain or disconfort. What are they? What should I do? Worried Mom
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Tinea Versicolor-fungal infection Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day As your son is in good health and has no other associated complaints, I don't see any cause of concern. I do understand being a mother you will anxious and worried about it. I reassure there does not seem anything seriously wrong. From the description given by you with new lesion appearing and previous lesion disappearing could be seen in Tinea Versicolor that is fungal lesion of the skin,they may or may not be itchy. Typically the lesion of Tinea Versicolor the spot or rash may disappear and reappear depending on surrounding humidity. Exact confirmation of any skin lesion requires a thorough inspection. It would be helpful if a clinical photograph could be provided. Alternatively you may see a Dermatologist or a Pediatrician who can diagnose it. There seems to be no cause of.concern. Do get back to me Take care Regards Dr Deepak XXXXXXX MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow-up: What does blood lines under the skin indicate? 30 hours later
I've looked up pictures of tinea versicolor and they don't look like what my son has. I finally had a chance to take pictures of the under the skin blood lines my son has, but I can't seem to attach them anywhere for you to get a closer look.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please send the image Detailed Answer: Hi, Greetings. Kindly attach the image here on the right side of this page or mail it to YYYY@YYYY to my attention. Thanks Have a wonderful day Regards Dr Deepak