Ask a Urologist   »  

What does blood in urine indicate?

I think there was a some blood in my pee this morning and my japs eye lips are swollen. It had felt a little sore around the times I urinated over the last few days. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may have urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Good Day! I believe you may have urinary tract infection. Have you had any sexual contact with high risk individuals in the past days? How about abnormal discharge on your penis or japs eye? It is either you have urethritis (meaning a sexually transmitted disease) or a urinary tract infection. I would suggest doing a urinalysis to check the presence of pus in the urine. Usually for UTIs i give my patients ciprofloxacin for one week. If i suspect STD and urethritis I give Cefixime and Azithromycin as bolus doses. However these antibiotics require a prescription and you may need to see your local Urologist to get a prescription and for him to do a physical examination and determine if you have STD or UTI. I hope I have answered your question clearly and satisfactory. Yours truly, Dr See, Manuel
Follow-up: What does blood in urine indicate? 2 hours later
I had oral about 6 week ago with a lady but she used her hands to finish not dure if that makes any difference. I had and STI test the week after whoch was clear. The top of my penis has felt a little sore around the times when i need to urinate since Sunday and this morning the japs eye had swollen and there my urine was reddish. Although it seems less swollen now see attached pic for further information.s
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Pls see a urologist to get RX Detailed Answer: you definitely need treatment and you need to see a MD preferably a Urologist to get examined and get prescriptions for antibiotics.