What does back pain,leg pain and vibrating sensation in brainindicate?

Diabetologist
Question
After six yes of symptoms back pain leg pain pins and needles and burning sensation and sometime vibrating sensation 4 brain MRI negative last one was dec 2013 negative and cervical and thoracic MRI done May 2013 also negative what is the likehood it's ms should I get another MRI as I still have these symptoms for the pass 3 months constant
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may need different MRI Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX This is Dr Saumya Mittal I think that you got the MRI of the wrong part of the spine. The nerves for legs come from the lumbar region and the sacral region. So an MRI of the brain and upper parts of spines is not going to help you. I suggest get an MRI LS spine. Besides test for sugars and thyroid and Vitamin B 12 levels Hope this will help Please feel free to ask further queries Dr Saumya Mittal

Follow-up: What does back pain,leg pain and vibrating sensation in brainindicate? 45 minutes later
So that doesn't sound like ms

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: About MS Detailed Answer: Hi again I must tell you a bit about MS before I can explain your query to you One of the things about MS is that the symptoms in MS are waxing and waning. That means that the symptoms come and go and these phases are long. If you have 3-4 episodes, then we can think of diagnoses of multiple sclerosis. Besides with so many MRIs I would have thought that at least one of them would have shown changes of MS. So I would suggest that you get the MRI LS spine tested, cause I sincerely think that this investigation will tell you more. I cannot rule out an MS without examination. But as per the given information, I think the other possibilities need to be ruled out before considering MS. Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal

Follow-up: What does back pain,leg pain and vibrating sensation in brainindicate? 5 hours later
Are my symptoms typical of ms I had lumbar mri 9 months ago just have disc bulge at L5-S1 and a tear should I get retested for ms or can my low back have more changes

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Explaining lumbar spondylosis Detailed Answer: Hi there Now that you mention the MRI LS spine report, it is almost certain that the symptoms are probably due to this. I will try to explain to you what happens- The spine is protected by bones called vertebral bodies. The nerves from the spine come out from small gaps between two bodies. There is also a soft gel like bag between these bones. The bags make sure that the bones do not rub between each other. In your case what happens is that the bag is compressing the nerves when they move backwards. When the nerves are pressed, their function is affected, starting usually from the sensory symptoms. Therefore tingling, numbness are common features. I would suggest your meet your neurologist and get a prescription for pregabalin and methylcobalamin. It should help you. And have a look at the MRI, in case there is a need for surgery. If there is a need for surgery, it should be done as soon as possible Will be glad to answer your further queries Dr Saumya Mittal