What does back pain lasting a month mean?

I have a back pain for last one month
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 4 hours later

Your concern is back pain since one month.

First of all, I want to know few more things, which will help me answer your query better.

1. Do you have any history of fall or any injury?
2. What is the exact site pain, upper half of back or lower half?
3. Duration of pain and any aggravating and relieving factors.
4. Nature of pain like constant, intermittent , dull or sharp?
5. Is there any radiation of pain to lower legs?
6. Any other associated symptoms if you have?

Actually, there are many reasons for back pain, based on there location, cause and character.

The common cause may be Slip disc, sleeping posture defect, Spondylolisthesis, Muscular strain, and some time nerve irritation also.

I strongly advice you to go for x-ray/MRI of of back after consulting spine surgeon. It will help to know the root cause of your problem.

Till then, do not lift any heavy things, avoid forward bending and exercises. Take complete rest.

Please reply back with answers to my questions, so that I can clear more about your problem.

Awaiting your reply.