What does atrial couplet mean?

On my recent holter monitor it said 1 x atrial couplet. Is this bad
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later

Atrial couplet means two continuous atrial premature complexes one after the other.
In many persons these changes are mild benign chance findings with no clinical significance. If you have no other associated heart disease then you can well ignore it as only one such complex has been found that too I presume for the first time.

Still if it concerns you, you can get a complete cardiac work done from your cardiologist as it can also be associated with some diseases like atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation or supra-ventricular tachycardia.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.