What does abscess in pubic area indicate?

I had a bump in my pubic area and it was sore to the touch. so I figured it was ingrown hair so I pulled the hairs that was there and surrounding it and white puss came out of it and now it's a little bumb but it's not sore anymore. should I be worried about it?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You might have developed an abscess. sometimes when the abscess gets walled off by fibrous tissue pain decreased. This type of abscess needs to be drained under antibiotic cover. Please meet a gp. This can be easily treated. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you