What does a yellow and green discharge indicate?

my 21 yr old had some underwear in her car from college that she brought in to wash and I saw some orange looking specks in underwear and looked closer and they were moving; it was worms and she said they had been in her car. Also, I have noticed discharge in undies; yellow and smells kind of bad and hate to bring it to her attention and saw alittle greenish spot on underwear? What is all this and of coure I think she has a yeast infection and it has been going on for sometime and the worm thing is freaking me out! What should I do because I have to tell her something but embarrassing Please help?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

A yellowish and greenish discharge on the underwear is indicative of fungal as well as anaerobic infection of the vagina. The orangish worms on the underwear are not necessarily a part of her vaginal infection. They might have grown on the fibre itself if it is not cleaned properly for a long time.

You must encourage your daughter to see a gynaecologist for the infection as it needs oral antibiotics and antifungals for treatment which will be available only on a doctor's prescription.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.