What does a spot in the lung indicate?

My mother went for a ct scan 5 years ago and they found a spot on lung. Dr said it was like a "beauty mark" and nothing to worry. Her GI gave her medication for stomach ulcers and said it could lower her bodys calcium, she has been taking for one year. This year in her urine they found high levels of red and white blood cells. They send her for ct scan and found the same spot on lung and a spot on liver which looks like calcification. What does this mean, is it cancer? They havent compared ct scans yet from 5 years ago.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. A spot in the lung CT which is probably unchanged over 5 years is not cancer. Though they have not compared it yet, if it was cancer then it would have caused problems much earlier. This is just an incidental nodule. Liver calcification is also not something to be worried of. It is found in many healthy individuals. However, I am not sure of the cause for red and white cells in urine. Is it due to urinary infection? Or else any problem in the urinary bladder or kidneys. We need to check the urine culture report and kidney function tests. I presume kidneys and bladder were normal on CT scan. Hope I have answered your query. i will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.