What does a sports medicine doctor do?

hi what is sport doctor is and what kind of test that he can do im joining a self defense club and they have a condition that a sport doctor can see me
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They check general health and body's resilience

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The sport doctors are specialized doctors in Sports medicine, they are the doctors who study in Medical schools after medical graduation to do post graduation in sports physiology and management.
He will examine your fitness to undergo such a rigid training, to what extent you should be trained and how fast you can take the load of training.
They check your body's resilience on physical assessment and issue a report.

I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!