What does a soft spot on forehead indicate?

My question is : my 23 month old has a soft spot kind of mushy on her forehead above her eyebrow .. She had a previous injury almost a month or two ago where she collided with her male 4 year old cousin n bonked heads the injured area did not become raise and hard. Unfortunately I am not sure if the muah spot is on the same side as the previous injuryand now I am curious if I should be concerned or if it is just an area that has not yet developed fully??
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: pictures and details required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description, it looks like your child developed some sort of a depression in the skin which according to you, can be related to the preceding trauma. Now before we can find out the exact cause, I would like know if there is any abnormality in color or texture of the overlying skin. If there is anything which is visible to the skin, please click a close up picture of the same and upload it here on this page. You can also mail it at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please let me know if the lesion is static or is increasing in size with time. Is the texture of the overlying skin normal or does it feel tight or hard when pinched as compared to the normal surrounding skin. Does the child complain of any pain or itching if he is able to tell? I am sure I would be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures along with the above details. Dr Geetika Paul