What does a soft dark color bump on labia majora indicate?
User rating for this question
The past few days I noticed a tender, soft dark in color bump on my left labia majora. I tried popping it a day ago but it would not pop and today it came to head that popped easily. I couldn't find a hair that may have been ingrown. And it was a almost pinkish mix of blood and pus when I popped it. Any idea what this could be? Is there a way I should treat it so it doesn't get infected?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sebacous cyst or Bartholin cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, Read through your query. I think we are talking about one of these two problems you are facing 1) Sebaceous cyst - It has small punctum through which the sebum/pus discharge comes out 2) Bartholin cyst - It has oil secreting land which tries to moisten the area. At this time it is not appropriate to squeeze it further. Squeezing definitely infects it. Then you need oral antibiotics. I suggest NSAIDs since it is red (inflammed) like ADVIL/MOTRIN, three doses per day. Try warm compress over it to soften the overlying skin. Slowly, the pimple would start draining completely. Good hygiene of the local area. Wear cotton loose undergarments. Call me back after two days.
People also viewed
- Skin colored bumps on labia majora
- White stuff hair follicle armpit
- Fatigue following spleen removal
- Red soft bump labia majora
- Pea sized lump in armpit leaks fluids
- Puss foul smelling armpit
- Fatigue and sweaty feet
- Cluster of flesh colored bumps on labia majora
- Pregnant and dark bump on labia majora
- Feeling fatigue for a month
- Green mucous fatigue headache
- When i cough hurts under the armpits
- Floating lump near armpit
- Fat pebbles under skin
- Flesh colored bumps on labia majora