What does a small node below the breast indicate?

General Surgeon
Question
about a week ago I felt small node painless between my upper cage (right corner) below my right breast? what it could be. fyi I am woman 44 yrs old in good shape I do lift weight.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of lymph node or haematoma Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms If the swelling is felt within the substance of the breast and it's recently noticed, possibility of haematoma or fibroadenoma is to be considered (spontaneous haematoma in breast are commonly seen in weight lifters). Exact diagnosis of breast swelling is based on good clinical examination. If the swelling is in the axilla it's likely to be lymph node swelling. I would suggest you to do a Breast self examination (BSE) which will give clue to many things. I would also suggest you to provide me the exact anatomical location. As you are in your 40s it's advisable to undergo breast examination from your Surgeon regularly. Wishing you good health. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: What does a small node below the breast indicate? 3 minutes later
like I said the node is not in my breast...it s between my upper ribcage...below the breast

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of submammary haematoma Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Dear Ms It's likely to be submammary haematoma. I hope there is no skin change and puckering in the overlying skin . Hot water fomentation and ibuprofen will be helpful. If the swelling does not regress then would suggest you to consult your Physician for further assessment by clinical examination. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon

there is no skin change or pain.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Greetings Dear Ms Kindly try hot water fomentation and ibuprofen. If the swelling persists consult your Physician. Also would recommend you to routinely do BSE which will be very reassuring to you. Do get back to me anytime for any assistance. Assuring you the best. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak

thank you

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Take care Detailed Answer: Hi Take care madam Wishing you great health. Best regards Dr Deepak