What does a small bump on my head indicate?

Hi ive got this small bump on my head its sorta long ,it doesnt hurt and my skin moves freely over it,it doesnt hurt,ive asked most of my family and even my grandma who actually is a retired nurse she said it must be normal or a cyst (cysts run in the family), but im still scared most people say its nothing..but im still concerned
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, can you upload a picture of this! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this bump and the troubling thoughts associated with it. I know how difficult it is to deal with an abnormal finding which could be harmless. It is understandable and most persons in your position would still do same. There are many different possible causes of this bump. But the description of the skin being able to move freely over it makes it to sound more of a benign than malignant.Also absence of pain and any other symptom are more in support of this. It could represent a fluid filled cavity(cyst), deposit of a normal tissue underneath the skin, etc. I am also of the opinion that it may be nothing because i have seen many of my clients with similar bumps. However, to get a settled mind, we need objective information specific to you. I will suggest that you show this to your doctor when you next go in for a visit and hear what he says. If it requires just reassurance, he would let you know. If it should require some more investigations, then you would also be informed and investigated. I will very much appreciate if you can provide a picture and answers to the following questions to help me provide more personalized information. Has this bump been increasing in size over the years or is it same? Was this present from birth? Who are those other persons in the family who have a similar bump. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What does a small bump on my head indicate? 1 hour later
Hi thank you and the people in my family who have had the same are uncle auntie cousins grandmas grandads mum and dad,so lots of us thanks,
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. Sounds like a very common occurrence in your family and I would not be surprised it has no real bearing to adverse health outcome. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What does a small bump on my head indicate? 18 hours later
Hi yeah i think its a cyst or normal,its sort of long and i keep thinking ive had it since birth so it was one of the two,thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you, too! Detailed Answer: Thank you so much for your help. I wish you well and I am humbled having been able to address your concern this day. Feel free to ask for further clarifications in future if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.