What does a red circle on the solar plexus indicate?

I woke up and just now notice a red circle on my solar plexus. It does not itch it does not hurt. Can it be something serious please advised
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested data of yours.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before running into conclusions, I'd ask if: - your work is making you sweat heavily? - you keep dogs, cats or other animals where you live? - you share your clothes or utensils with other people other than family? - you have any family member/friend with skin problem recently? It is nothing serious. It is a fungal infection of the skin. Please bare in mind that our skin is made of various microorganisms, including fungi. Sometimes, these normal fungi might cause such infection especially if you are heavily working and sweating. I suggest to: - get daily baths, dry the area using a clean and soft tissue - apply otc castellani solution (it is a dye) ; let it dry well - then, apply otc terbinafin cream You can repeat once daily for 2 weeks. If no improvement, should consult a dermatologist as might need to start oral prescription therapy. Looking forward to kindly have the requested data of yours! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What does a red circle on the solar plexus indicate? 9 hours later
None of the above question only my job cause a little sweat not heavy
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the earlier treatment suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. If this is your case, then, it is fungal infection of skin. Can follow the treatment as recommended earlier for at least 2 weeks. You can also take baths with otc ketoconazole 1% shampoo twice a week for 2 consecutive weeks. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana