What does a red and itchy ring around the anus indicate?
User rating for this question
I have a bright red ring around my anus which is itchy and has a clear fluid discharge like sweating. The skin also seems to be peeling. TodAy there are larg smooth red bumps at the top of my butt crack. Can you help please?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: This resembles a fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I a so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. This is most likely a fungal infection. Treatment is by applying a topical antifungal agent like miconazole/clotrimazole/etc daily for ten days. This will clear the infection. If this should fail to regress within 5days, then we may need to get a picture for . more analysis or you consider getting examined by your doctor . I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for clarification if need be and thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- E coli 0157 h7 dizziness
- What causes needle pain in your stomach
- Outer anus ring red
- What do red bumps around the anus indicate
- Ear pressure and eye twitching
- Dystrophin protein food
- Red itchy ring around anus
- Can too much sperm cause stomach pain
- Red itchy painful ring around anus
- Ear canal sore bump
- Redbull causes stomache pains
- Itching anus and red ring around anus
- Cause of pulling in ovaries while sneezing
- During pregnancy how many times do you go to the doctor during each trimester
- Causes related to stomach rhumatic pain