What does a red and itchy ring around the anus indicate?
User rating for this question
I have a bright red ring around my anus which is itchy and has a clear fluid discharge like sweating. The skin also seems to be peeling. TodAy there are larg smooth red bumps at the top of my butt crack. Can you help please?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: This resembles a fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I a so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. This is most likely a fungal infection. Treatment is by applying a topical antifungal agent like miconazole/clotrimazole/etc daily for ten days. This will clear the infection. If this should fail to regress within 5days, then we may need to get a picture for . more analysis or you consider getting examined by your doctor . I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for clarification if need be and thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Red patchy dry skin thighs and upper arms
- Outer anus ring red
- Red mark back month babies head looks birth mark
- What do red bumps around the anus indicate
- Red dots in throat on urethra
- Red itchy ring around anus
- Red itchy painful ring around anus
- What could be the reason for having lower abdominal pain
- How to treat klonipin seen in the blood
- Itching anus and red ring around anus
- What causes lower abdominal pain and bleeding when standing
- Experiencing severe abdominal pain and nausea
- Red pinpoint dots on lower legs
- What causes abdominal pain and hardness in stomach
- Red rash and hives on my penis