What does a protuding lump in carotid artery indicate?
User rating for this question
Recently noticed lump in carotid artery. It sticks out and can see it beating. Had doppler done and there is no restriction...does not hurt. What else could it be?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem the first possibilty is of carotid artery aneurysm. They can present with Abnormal pulsation in the neck, prominent visible structure in the neck, otherwise these aneurysms generally produce no symptoms. Rarely TIA's or stroke can occur . Other thing can be a pseudoaneurysm due to some surgery or trauma. Sometimes there is cyst or mass that sits on the artery itself and has transmitted pulsations . A carotid doppler is the best test for this . Rest carotid angiography and CT Scan of neck can be done if your doctor feels some other pathology is going on. Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Carotid artery hard lump
- Lump near carotid artery
- High uric acid hair loss
- Carotid artery lump in neck
- Hcg and oxalic acid
- Hashimotos with acid reflux
- Lump on my carotid artery
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of diltiazem?
- Is fast or irregular heartbeats a side effect of triamterene?
- Headache and vomitting stomach acid
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of dexedrine?
- What does a protuding lump in carotid artery indicate
- Acid reaction with gullet
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of glutamine?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of caprelsa?