What does a painless pea size knot on my left size of my perineum, indicate?
User rating for this question
I have painless pea size knot on my left size of my perineum it's not in the center of it but I can use my thumb and finger and pull it away from the skin I can feel under it it not connected to nothing I try squeezing it in the center it won't bust I am a 51 year old woman
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: You are describing almost perfectly something called a "sebaceous inclusion cyst". These are common in the area that you are describing. If it is bothersome, your OB/GYN can incise and drain it or remove it alltogether. Usually, they are diagnosed on exam, and reassurance is the usual treatment. I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.
People also viewed
- Is vomiting a side effect of nafarelin?
- Symptoms of bronchial artery embolism
- Symptoms of posterior ethmoid sinusitis
- Is dizziness a side effect of zaleplon?
- Lump on perineum male pea sized
- Is dizziness a side effect of alvesco?
- What is a perineum
- Symptoms of thalamic stroke
- Sebaceous cyst perineum painless
- Is fever a side effect of ceftriaxone?
- Have hard painless lump on perineum what is it
- Symptoms of infectious fever
- Is dry mouth a side effect of tofranil?
- Symptoms of perianal rash
- What does an tender and inflamed perineum indicate