What does a nonreactive test result for HIV mean?

just had HIV test and its shows nonreactive means?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 23 minutes later

Non reactive means that the test result is negative. This test detects HIV antibodies in the blood sample and if no antibodies are found then it is called as Non reactive or negative test.

If you had any recent possible exposure then it is advisable to get a repeat test done after 6 months as sometimes antibodies may not show up immediately after the exposure.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.
Follow-up: What does a nonreactive test result for HIV mean? 24 hours later
means as per this report I am normal for now and I didn't had any exposure last three month, that means I am in safer side right?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 51 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

Yes your reports are fine and you need not worry.Since you did not have any exposure recently you can relax.

Wishing you Good Health!