What does a lump under the tongue indicate?

I have 2 hard pea like non painful lump below tongue among salivary glands. What can be the diagnosis. I have also little sore tongue.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: They could be salivary glands or small cysts. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX welcome to XXXXXXX You will develop swellings under tongue when you have infection in your oral cavity or over tongue. They could be salivary glands or small cysts. Deep seated infections of the neck can also result in swellings in that regions but they will be large and painful As you did not mention pain, i believe you need not worry about them. you may try Metrogyl tablets twice a day for 5 days and watch for the response. if they wont subside, you can contact a ENT surgeon. Hope i am clear. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask.