What does a lump over abdomen indicate?

Apr 2014

Hello Doctor. I think my ascites caused my belly button to pop out. A lump appeared a bit more than a week ago on my distended belly, kind of in the belly button region. It didn't hurt. Now it got bigger and is very tender to touch since yesterday. Also noticed an occasional cloudy discharge. What's the reason for this? Is it reason to be concerned? History: No significant medical problems in past. Used to be heavy drinker, quit 2 years ago. Developed ascites sometime aroundSeptember 2013, increase in severity December 2013. Newly diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. Current Medication: Vitamins, Allergy pills, Newly prescribed water pills ( spironlactone and furosemide) Thank you.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lump may be due to infective etiology. Detailed Answer: Hello B Thanks for writing to us Lump over abdomen may be due to infective etiology since it is associated with discharge and pain. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You need Ultrasound of abdomen.Ultrasound can diagnose origin of swelling. You may need antibiotics.Further treatment plan depend upon clinical findings. You should consult your physician and continue taking other drugs. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX