What does a lump inside the anus indicate?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi. I'm a 47 year old I found a very hard and pointed lump just inside my doesn't move. I do have hemorrhoids and have irregular bowel father and his mother both died from colon cancer at ages 58 and 66 respectively. Could this just be a hemorrhoid?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible Detailed Answer: That you did not have haemorrhoids and that you find a lump is a matter of concern. Irregular bowel movements (if it has manifest recently) is of concern. The family history of colon cancer is also of concern. It is difficult to tell whether you have haemorrhoid or not. The non malignant possibilities include thrombosed pile (blood clot within a pile). Since you do not have pain possibility of perianal abscess is remote. Please get yourself examined by a surgeon/colorectal surgeon or a surgical oncologist. He/she should be able to diagnose. With the data you have given it is necessary that you do not ignore the symptoms. Get yourself examined at the earliest. You can later take it easy if malignancy is excluded
Follow-up: What does a lump inside the anus indicate? 19 minutes later
Okay...thank you. It's going to be a long weekend...will contact my doctor on Monday.
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Good Detailed Answer: Please do so