What does a lump in the diaphragm indicate?

I have a lump in my diaphragm area.I had echo and had them look at it.measures 1cm by 3cm....I have had this approx. 1 yr...It is larger than when it started.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hiatal hernia or lymph node enlargement Detailed Answer: Hi Jntula, Thanks for Writing to us. As you were diagnosed with lump in diaphragm during ECHO, Most probably hiatal hernia. This hernia is when the intestines slip through the diaphragm into the chest. Ultrasound examination of chest and abdomen are useful in diagnosing this condition. Other possible reason would be as you had breast cancer in the past, lymph nodes enlargement below diaphragm. Need to get evaluated for this, As size of swelling is increasing. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Regards