What does a liquid filled lump on the head indicate?

Jul 2016

Dear doctor i have a little pump on my head when i press it i feel like something liquid in it i made a cbc full profile test and esr and it shows normal results Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is a Sebaceous Cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a Sebaceous Cyst over head. Human skin has sebaceous glands which secretes sebum (Oily fluid) which is drined outon the surface that helps to keep moist. Whenever the opening duct of the that drains this fluid on the surface gets blocked this fluid (Sebum) gets accumulated in side and develops a lump what is called as Sebaceous Cyst. Normally it gets resolved itself but needs to be excised in Toto along with the sac if gets infected or increases in size. Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination and get it excised . This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.