Ask a Dentist   »  

What does a lesion in mouth indicate?

looking for an opnion about a plyp in mouth
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: details needed Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. Please provide me following details for better suggestions. 1.Since when do you have this outgrowth? 2.Do you have associated pain or interference in swallowing? 3.Have you noticed if there is any enlarged glands in the neck? 4.Please mention if you have any tooth decay or jagged teeth? Awaiting response. Thanks. Take care.
Follow-up: What does a lesion in mouth indicate? 19 minutes later
1. I hadnt noticed it at all my last dental visit was 6 months ago and noone noticed it 2. no 3. one enlarged gland on the oppsite side near adams apple 4. no tooth decay Additionally there are three other lesions that look the same. Same side only. Not painful. Not mottled or red or white. Just tongue colour. Pliable. Almost like blood blister or skin tags. No trauma to tongue I know of. Suffering from ear aches in ear alongside the tongue where protuberances are. Esta Ian tubes blocked on and off for 10 days. Sinus congestion swollen glands wife also afflicted with cold.
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Lymphoepithelial cyst Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for complete details. After carefully evaluating the given history it appears that the lesion could be Lymphoepithelial cyst or a granular cell tumour. Now to confirm the diagnosis a simple biopsy is required,for which you can approach an oral pathologist. This biopsy test will not only confirm the diagnosis but, also confirm whether the lesion is benign or malignant. Therefore in my view please go for a biopsy test. For further doubts please let me know. Thanks. Take care.