What does a knot under the left jaw indicate?

i feel a knot under my left jaw from fighting and i taking motin for it
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: The swelling is likely to be post trauma haematoma Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day The knot or lump following fighting is likely to be due to traumatic haematoma (localised collection of clotted blood). It's usually associated with reddish discolouration of the overlying skin. I hope there is no disfigurement of jaw line , presence of which could imply underlying fracture. The clot usually undergoes liquefaction followed by absorption which will lead to resolution of the swelling. Local hot water fomentation and analgesic like ibuprofen will be very helpful. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD