What does a fat nodule in my arms and stomach indicate ?

Hi, Im 30 I have some sort o fat nodule in my arms and stomach, One in which is next to my belly button and hurts. My stomach seems to have pushed up a lot leaving my gut just flabby and nothing else, can even tuck my gut up into my stomach now. Been the doc he thinks I have trapped wind but doesnt seem right. Im rather worried and think it could be stomach cancer.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 47 minutes later

I think it would be a lipoma.

Lipoma is a fatty swelling.

It is called universal tumor.

It is called so, since it can occur in any part of the body.

It is usually benign and you can get it excised for cosmetic reasons.

If you are worried thinking it to be a stomach cancer, you can get your investigations done like ultrasound abdomen, biopsy and CT scan.

But you do not have any symptoms suggestive of stomach cancer.

Also stomach cancer would progress to end stage without presenting in form of any symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query.