What does a dark and round rash on buttocks indicate?

I have a rash on my left buttocks that is a darker color than my normal skin tone and is in a large circle and on the edges is raised all the way around. I have had this condition for over a year and only seems to be getting larger in size.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. I have gone through your history and clinical picture. You seem to be having a fungal infection called Tinea corporis. It is very common in the groin/ buttock area. You will benefit from taking a course of oral antifungal called Tab. Terbinafine 250 mg once a day for 2 weeks. You could also use a cream containing 2% Ketoconazole twice a day for 3 weeks. Since you are having this from 1 year, it is better to take oral treatment than use the cream alone. Wear loose fitting undergarments. If you have any further queries , I will be glad to assist you. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko