What does a bump filled with pus over the vagina indicate?

I have a little bump just above my vagina. Its under the skin. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything. When i squeeze it puss comes out and sometimes a little bit of blood.. sometimes it goes away or sometimed theres just more puss in there. What can this be and what should i do?,
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ingrown hair or a cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Bump filled with pus over the mentioned area can be a cyst or a ingrown hair. As you have said that it is painless and there is no itch, then it is most probably a cyst. Pus inside it made it an abscess. That is why when you press it out, pus will come and after some days it again swells back. I advise you not to press it. If you do that regularly, it may spread to surrounding area. Course of antibiotic like doxycycline should be done. Maintain proper hygiene of the area. Even if it doesn't subside then you have to consult a dermatologist for its complete drainage. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.