What does a bruising and a lump near the clitoris indiacte?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi, I am a 25 year old woman. Recently I had a course of antibiotics for an ear infection, which left me with a thrush type itch and discharge that went on its own in a few days. However I started to feel a slight bruising and a lump in an area under the skin above, and to the left of my clitoris. It feels as if it is half under my clitoris and half where my outer lips are. It feels about the size of a chickpea, but not perfectly round. It doesn't really hurt it feels like it doesn't move and is quite firm. I am due to see my doctor in a weeks time. But I'm really worried as I don't think it's a cyst.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: can be a boil Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The finding of a bruising and a lump near the clitoris can in fact be a boil. As you were already under an antibiotic cover for ear infection , the same antibiotic might have not allowed this one to get bigger or go into a XXXXXXX abscess. There can a granuloma formation going into a stage of firmness , fixity and non-tenderness. I think there is nothing to worry about it , except for the site of it. I would advise to continue taking the same antibiotic , wait and watch and see what is the progress. If not resolving , you can your Doctor earlier. In the meantime keep the area clean and dry. Do not press or try to pop it out. Regards,