What does a brown rash on the heel indicate?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have an odd looking brown/reddish rash forming on my heel. It looks like athletes foot but I am not sure. They looked filled with puss. Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like pompholyx or eczema,more details Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . I have seen the attached picture. There are two possibilities that I can think off. The skin lesions seem to be either of frictional blisters or these are lesions of pompholyx. Now to come to an exact diagnosis, I would like to know some more details from you. Since when did you develop these lesions? Did you develop any similar lesions in the past as well? Is there any associated pain or itching or discomfort? Did you wear any new shoes recently? Did you indulge into any physical exertion in the form of logging or long walks recently? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details . Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What does a brown rash on the heel indicate? 8 minutes later
Doc, To answer your questions: Since when did you develop these lesions? Noticed this evening when taking a shower Did you develop any similar lesions in the past as well? No Is there any associated pain or itching or discomfort? Itching Did you wear any new shoes recently? No Did you indulge into any physical exertion in the form of logging or long walks recently? No

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Frictional blisters feet, prevent further trauma Detailed Answer: Hi again The clinical history and the appearance all go in favor of frictional blisters. First of all , I would assure you that this is not a very serious skin condition and is develop due to sudden friction of feet skin with some footwear or socks. You should apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin over the affected area twice a day . In addition , try and wear soft and canvas shoes so as to prevent any further trauma to the affected area. You need not cover the lesions.Just apply the medicine and rub it so that it is absorbed. I am sure this will help you. Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul