What does a CT scan of the groin determine?

I am having a ct scan of my left groin area because of a feeling of hernia. what does a ct scan determine?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Computed tomographic scan (CT) is a test done with the help of sophisticated X- Rays, which give anatomic image of a body part. It can look for changes in the abdominal wall as well as all the internal organs. In your case probably the doctor wants to determine the exact nature of the hernia, from where is it arising and if there is any underlying cause or not. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.