What does "Sodium 150/145,Chloride 108/107,Carbon Dioxide, 33/29, Osmolality" indicate?

General Surgeon
Question
I recently had a blood test with the following out of range:Sodium 150/145,Chloride 108/107,Carbon Dioxide 33/29,Osmolality(calculated) 314/305,Calcium 10.6/10.4,Bilirubin,total,1.3/1.2.The second number is the high end of reference.All other tests normal.Except for Sodium which has been a little out of range in the past,these tests have always been normal.Should I be concerned? How can improve these numbers? Drink more water? Please advise?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer: The values are likely to be due to Hemoconcentrati Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Sir There is no reason to bE worried. The above reading are likely to be due to Hemoconcentration(reduced intake of fluids can cause the ingredients in the blood to show higher values). Ensuring water intake of 2 to 3 liter per day will be the necessary step required. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: What does "Sodium 150/145,Chloride 108/107,Carbon Dioxide, 33/29, Osmolality" indicate? 1 hour later
I neglected to mention that my glucose was 127/99. Again the second number is the high end of the reference. I did not fast for the test, but in the past did not fast and number was always in the 80's.Should I be concerned about diabetes?The day of the test,I remember eating very little.Can you help me to understand this? A bit confused.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's not diabetis Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Diagnosis of Diabetes Is based on below findings 1. Fasting blood sugar level greater than 126mg% 2. Post prandial (2 hours after consumption of food) greater than 200mg% 3. Random blood sugar greater than 200mg % in presence of symptoms of diabetes like excessive thirst , excessive eating. Presence of any of the features is diagnostic criteria for diabetes If your value is not fasting than you are not diabetic Rest be assured that there is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH