What does "ST elevation probable normal early repol pattern - ST elevation" mean?

Dear sir, I am 37 year old male and today took a ECG, the results show as mentioned below: ST elevation probable normal early repol pattern - ST elevation, Probable left atrial abnormality - P>50mS, <-0.10mV V1, probable left ventricular hypertrophy - R56L/RISIII/S12R56/S3RL and LAA/LAD
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may have hypertension. Please reply for questi Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your Query and ECG. ST elevation with normal early repol pattern is normal in many individuals. It indicates that there is a ST elevation but there is no underlying disease. Probable left atrial abnormality and probable left ventricular hypertrophy usually seen in High blood pressure ( Hypertension). R56L/RISIII/S12R56/S3RL- these are the parameters to indicate that you have Left ventricular Hypertrophy. Left ventricular Hypertrophy means that left lower chamber ( one of the four chambers of heart) wall thickness is increased and it is usually due to reaction to high blood pressure. Probable left atrial abnormality means a change in the P wave of ECG – it may wider, double peaks and so on. It may mean defect in nerve conduction or enlargement of that chamber. Generally it is secondary to Left Ventricle (LV) changes as i mentioned above . I would like to have few answers. Do you have Hypertension? DO you have any heart disease? What for you have taken this ECG? DO you have any Chest pain, Breathlessness or other symptoms? Do you suffer from any chronic disease. Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What does "ST elevation probable normal early repol pattern - ST elevation" mean? 24 minutes later
Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply, I have answered your questions below: 1. I don't have hypertension till my last review last year, today I have gone for medical checkup and it shows BP of 130/90. 2. Neither me or my family has history of cardiac problems, my father is diabetic after his 50 years and mother little hypertensive. 3. I have taken ECG for yearly employer advised medical check up. 4. I don't have chest pain, but some times breathlessness rarely when I climb steps of more than two stories and feel absolutely normal even I walk for 3 kms in a stretch. 5. I don't have any chronic disease, but I met with a road accident 4 years back and lost my 4th toe in the right leg along with a plastic surgery in the upper side of feet. Sir, my doubt is recently I have been doing elliptical exercise for 30 to 40 minutes at a stretch for more than a month. I was recently undergone in some stress because of some family problems, I drink once in a week of 3 to 4 pegs of hard liquor and I am in sales profession, Is this points associated with my abnormal ECG, can you please suggest me whether I can continue my exercise and is this problem reversible. And should I take any medication or do further more diagnosis for my cardiac. kindly explain me whether my BP is normal and how should I further reduce it if it is abnormal. Waiting for your valuable advice and answer
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Monitor BP. Continue Exercise. Limit alcohol. Echo Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply query. It is not related to your exercise and moderate consumption of alcohol as well as recent stress. Your diastolic blood pressure is 90 and it indicates you are Hypertensive now. You are at risk of Heart disease in future. As you ECG shows the Probable LV enlargement. My advice is to do Echocardiography ( ECHO) to rule out any possible enlargement of ventricles. No need of any Antihypertensives. Starting antihypertensives immediately after single blood pressure reading is not advised. Check your Blood pressure and pulse in your nearest clinic or Hospital for multiple times( 3 or 4 times) in a week. Ideally without taking any coffee, smoke, alcohol and heavy exercise, meals for last 2 hours. Note the BP readings in a dairy and if it found consistently high. Then you are in need of Antihypertensives. Continue your exercise regularly. If you are a smoke, quit smoke. Limit your alcohol use to one or two pegs. Avoid fast foods as well as oily and fat rich foods. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Avoid deep fried foods. Limit your coffee as well as tea intake. Please have regular annual health check regularly. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.