What does "SGOT-83,SGPT 147 and GGTP-110" indciate?

General Surgeon
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: need a little background info Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. All your liver enzymes are raised...but before i can comment anything... i would like to know about your why you got it done...are you having abdomen pain....jaundice... Do you consume alcohol? Waiting for your reply. Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What does "SGOT-83,SGPT 147 and GGTP-110" indciate? 27 minutes later
hi Thanks for your quick reply, i seen some blood in my stool ,then i did the LFT ,STOOL TEST ,MY BACK GROUND IS NO Disease TILL NOW ,YES I CONSUME ALCOHOL AND FROM ONE WEEK I am taking outside food much spice and hot ,the blood comes only in 2 times in stool ,even the stool test shown no RBC ,stool test is ok. my suger is ok . is these values are alarming
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be due to alcoholic hepatitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Your LFT is raised due to alcoholism... its not raised to an alarming level...but you need to cut down on it. Regarding blood in stools...was it fresh blood? And are you passing hard stools? If yes for both, then it can be due to anal fissure...and it needs laxatives and sitz bath... If no hard stools then it can be can wait for it...if you get further episodes... then you need to show to a surgeon for a physical examination by proctoscopy. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma