What does SGOT 59,SGPT 104,GGT 76 and Triglycerides 189 indicate?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi, My name is XXXX, age 37 years..got Liver functions test and SGOT is 59 and SGPT is 104 and GGT 76..Triglycerides is 189...Cholestrol-Total is 226 mg/dL..Please suggest the symptoms and treatment on this..
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I need some more information before I can give my opinion. Why were these tests done? Do you consume alcohol? Are you on any medications? Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What does SGOT 59,SGPT 104,GGT 76 and Triglycerides 189 indicate? 29 minutes later
Why were these tests done? As General/routine checkup Do you consume alcohol? once a month Are you on any medications? Ayurvedic medicine for ringworms on legs

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing the additional information. The most common cause of deranged liver function is fatty liver disease. You need to stop drinking alcohol. If you are obese, you need to reduce weight. There are some other causes of abnormal liver function tests as well and you need to get tested for those causes and it includes testing for viral infections hep B and C. Try to reduce fatty food intake and increase your physical activity. If the cholesterol levels are persistently high, you can consider taking medications like atorvastatin. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What does SGOT 59,SGPT 104,GGT 76 and Triglycerides 189 indicate? 6 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX I drinks once a month, my weight is 90kg..that could be another reason..Are there any medicines which I should take to cover liver risk and also cholestrol.. Also please suggest what all test are really required to clear any more doubts

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 41 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for getting back to me with more questions. Yes you take Nusam for fatty liver and atorvastatin for high cholesterol. As mentioned earlier you need to get tested for hep B and C infection. For complete recovery, you need to stop drinking alcohol and reduce weight. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini