What does "QRS abnormality" finding in ECG report indicate?

i am a male 36years. Under medication of high BP with Concor 5mg a day and for cholestrol TG goal 10 mg a day. recently experienced mild chest pain associated with back pain. Had an ECG where it showed"QRS abnormality, consistent with inferior infarct probably old". Consulted a physician and cardiologist. Both of themsaid it was a Normal ECG and nothing to worry. Also had 2D echo done which showed normal. I am doing tread mill daily at home for 24mins continuously and experiencing no problems. Also i had ECG, TMT done 4 months back which showed normal. Can u pls help me out then why that ECG report showed abnormality
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ECG Machine Bias. Exercise regularly. Annual Check Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Helathcaremagic. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. First of all keep in mind ECG machine dose not always interpret or trace correctly, it should be interpreted by expert after watching the ECG strip. Both cardiologist and physician you have consulted said the ECG is normal. Thus you so not have to worry about this Electrocardiogram interpretation by ECG machine. ECG readings can be biased by machinery,technician or patient. Further investigations like 2D echo and TMT also showed normal. Your HDL cholesterol is very low. Exercise regularly for 40 to 50 minutes per day for 5 days a week. Avoid oil rich and fat rich foods. Avoid deep fried foods. Please continue the medicines. Have regular Annual Cardiac Health Check up and adopt strict life style. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.