What does "Possible infarct abnormal EKG" mean?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Just had ekg performed. I was sitting up and all leafs were placed from below the breasts up. It read normal sinus rhythm... Possible infarct abnormal ekg. I'm 45 years old and very active. All labs are well within normal limits. Ekg was routine. Should I be concerned. Awaiting my doctors feedback.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not be concerned. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. It would be understandable that you may be concerned. However, the interpretation of the EKG by the machine is not 100% accurate in every case. Ultimately the doctor will correctly interpret it. The diagnosis of an infarct is usually made based on history of symptoms, blood tests and EKG. Therefore, I suggest you try and relax whilst you await your doctors assessment. I hope this has reassured you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA