What does "Posible left atrial enlargement,left ventricular hypertrophy" mean?

i just had an ECG vent rate 64 bpm pr internal 158 ms qrs duration 90 ms qt/qtc/388/400 ms P-R-T axes 63 79 55 I am a 39 year old healthy female who is 5'7" 140 lbs. I work out 3x a week. I was told I had perfect blood pressure ( but I forgot what it was) The "unconfirmed" diagnosis was: Normal sinus rhythm, Posible left atrial enlargement, left ventricular hypertrophy and ABNORMAL ECG. Do these numbers make sense OR could the doctor/ resident who saw me be biased because I told him I take adderall and my mother dies of a massive (unexpected) heart attack in her late 60's? This matters to me b/c I don't want shrink to take me off meds. My blood work comes in next week. Thanks for your analysis. I uploaded the EKG and noticed they had me noted as a male though I am a female. Thank in advance for your opinion.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: The EKG figures are normal Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I am afraid the EKG has not been uploaded successfully, as the same is not available. Kindly upload it again. I have carefully gone through the EKG readings. They are perfectly OK. Left Ventricular hypertrophy is diagnosed from the height of the tallest spike, while Left atrial enlargement is diagnosed from the configuration of the wave just preceding the tallest spike. I will therefore, have to see the EKG before commenting on these observations. I presume that you wish to continue with the meds prescribed by your shrink. However, it would be a reasonable proposition if you could inform me the daily doses of Adderall and other meds (if any) being taken by you. Since Adderall has an adverse effect on the heart, the requested information would enable me to analyze the EKG better. Awaiting EKG and the additional information. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What does "Posible left atrial enlargement,left ventricular hypertrophy" mean? 4 hours later
I take 20 mgs 3 times a day and and function perfectly. I'm fit, although [sometimes tired], single mom of an 11 and 3, putting my children first yet managing a semi-successful business, but i know my limitations….. I take weekends off and run around with my kids, I don't feel poorly. I can't help but to think this resident got confused and made a presumptive assessment that i am at risk when i am not. i just want to know if he knows what the heck he is talking about. Thanks Doc.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: EKG IS PERFECTLY NORMAL Detailed Answer: Well XXXXXXX I have carefully analyzed your EKG : IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL. There is no evidence of either left atrial enlargement or, left ventricular hypertrophy. So, JUST RELAX! You a normal weight, perfect blood pressure and a normal EKG - positive signs of good health. Just wait for the blood reports, which- if normal- will confirm that you are physically fit in all respects. Take Care and God Bless You Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What does "Posible left atrial enlargement,left ventricular hypertrophy" mean? 34 minutes later
I scanned the ECG/EKG. It was uploaded correctly, I thought. Otherwise i am happy to drop in the mail and pay a fee. I just want the truth. I will be in touch with you again to ask you to kindly analyze my blood work. i thank you for your time and patience. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sincere appreciation. Cheers, Heidi
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unbiased professional advice has been given Detailed Answer: Rest assured, XXXXXXX I have given you an unbiased professional advice. We don't charge any extra fee. Thanks all the same. I'll be looking forward to seeing your blood reports. Take care and God Bless.
Follow-up: What does "Posible left atrial enlargement,left ventricular hypertrophy" mean? 22 minutes later
So how do we proceed! Shall I mail ÿou via post baby Resident'a report? I apologize --- little 33 Unconfirmed report?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can contact me through a Follow-up query. Detailed Answer: Simply pay for the follow-up Query on this website, endorse/upload the blood reports (including Resident's report- if you so wish) in the query and ADDRESS IT TO ME PERSONALLY BY NAME. I'll advise you accordingly, on studying the blood reports.
Follow-up: What does "Posible left atrial enlargement,left ventricular hypertrophy" mean? 16 hours later
Thank you so very much for you time. I will be in touch when I receive my blood work back. You've been wonderful. Best, Heidi
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My pleasure Detailed Answer: You're welcome, XXXXXXX I will be waiting for your blood reports. Till then, take care