What does PVR and SVR?

I have had a left heart catheterisation and the report has stated that I have left heart stiffening. The tests in the report are PVR and SVR and Pulmonary Hypertension I would like to know what these initials mean and what is the normal rate for these levels in the heart.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Systemic & Pulmonary vascular resistance Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. SVR means Systemic vascular resistance and the normal limits is 700–1600 dyns/cm5 and PVR means Pulmonary vascular resistance and the normal limits is 20–130 dyns/cm5 Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok