What does "PTH 171 and calcium level of 10.1" indicate?
User rating for this question
my pth was 171 and my calcium was 9.7. mylast calcium was 10,1 i have many symptoms of parathyroidism. Should i worry?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to worry as this is treatable Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Your reports do suggest hyperparathyroidism. A few other tests will be required to comfirm the diagnosis, like urine calcium excretion, vitamin D levels, etc. Calcium is also not too high, so other causes like kidney diseases should be ruled out by simple blood tests. You have not mentioned what kind of symptoms you have. If the diagnosis is confirmed as primary hyperparathyroidism and there are symptoms, then surgery is suggested. otherwise medical management is also possible. overall, it is a treatable disorder, so need to worry. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
People also viewed
- Is pneumonia dangerous for 2 year old
- Is primolut dangerous for pregnant womens
- Why is polycythemia dangerous
- Prolactin high pth and high calcium what is it
- Low pth normal calcium
- Invasive vaginal cancer urine odor
- Organs that are involved in lung cancer
- Most dangerous surgeries to perform
- Radiating cancer in ipf patients
- Elevated pth normal calcium
- Irregular mass not cancer
- What does pth 171 and calcium level of 101 indicate
- High pth normal calcium
- Melacare ointment is dangerous
- What does interval resolution mean cancer mri