What does Neonatal testis produces testosterone, which gains access to the brain mean?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015

Question
Dear Dr Polash, Hi again. Id like to ask you further on previous thread we had.

You commented '' Neonatal testis produces testosterone, which gains access to the brain and is further metabolized into active androgens and estrogens, which modify brain development.''

Id like further detail on this point please, as its very important to me. Is thee any studies to support this point. Thank you very much

Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the studies mentioned

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

There are few studies done on animal models, such as:

1. Study titled "Brain masculinization requires androgen receptor function" by Takashi Sato et al.
You can download the study using the link mentioned below:
WWW.WWWW.WW
2. Study titled "The role of androgen receptors in the masculinization of brain and behavior: What we've learned from the testicular feminization mutation" by XXXXXXX G. Zuloaga et al.
You can study the Abstract from the below mentioned link:
WWW.WWWW.WW
3. Study titled "Sexual differentiation of the vertebrate brain: principles and mechanisms" by B Cooke et al.
WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Dr Polash.

Follow-up: What does Neonatal testis produces testosterone, which gains access to the brain mean? 21 hours later
Dear Dr. Polash

The first study says 'requires androgen receptor function' but tgis merely is vehicle to convert to estrogen.

What I need is proof of ar receptor being activated and then going to ar gene in dna and expressing that....is there any proof for this?

Please help to give me example as previously you stated, in our previous thread, activated androgen receptor doesnt mean it goes on into nucleus to ar gene.

Kindly clarify. Thanks and regards

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 45 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the studies mentioned

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Thanks for your follow up query.

Kindly have a look at the below mentioned studies:

1. “Neonatal stimulation of 5-HT2 receptors reduces androgen receptor expression in the rat anteroventral periventricular nucleus and sexually dimorphic preoptic area” by C. L. Dakin et al.
( WWW.WWWW.WW

2. “The androgen receptor transactivation domain: the interplay between protein conformation and protein-protein interaction” by J XXXXXXX et al.

3. "Molecular mechanisms of androgen receptor-mediated gene regulation: structure-function analysis of the AF-1 domain." by I J McEwan.
( WWW.WWWW.WW

4. "Androgen receptor gene and male infertility" by E.L.Yong et al.
( WWW.WWWW.WW

5. "Molecular basis of androgen receptor diseases" by Eu Leong Yong et al.
( WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope these will help.

If possible, kindly let us know the reason why you are asking about Testosterone & Androgen receptor in such details (at molecular level).
It will help us in understanding your concern better as well as search for relevant studies.

Dr Polash