I skip my period by 5 weeks , i done pregency test two times it shows negative result , then doctor advice me for utrasound and in report it shows Urinary bladder is hyperdistended Right ovary is normal in size and shape .Evidence of dominent follicle of around 21 x21 mm in size is seen in it. comments are written : findings are suggestive of N.A.D IS SEEN IN VISCERAL ABDOMINAL USG SCAN . please explain me the meaning , i am worrying about it.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: N.A.D means No Abnormality Detected. Detailed Answer: Hello Mrs XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your question. Your ultrasound finding means you do not have any problem. NAD stands for No Abnormality Detected. So relax, there is nothing wrong with you. As for the bladder being hyperdistended, before doing the scan, they would have told you to drink a lot of water, and hold back the urine, the bladder gets distended if you hold back the urine. This is done to make sure that uterus and ovaries can be seen easily in the scan. So your ultrasound scan is fine. As for missed periods, it can happen once in a while, you don't need to worry too much about it. You have mentioned that you have not got your periods for 5 weeks now, I would like you to wait for another two weeks and then repeat the pregnancy test, some times the pregnancy tests become positive as late as 45 days after conception, that is about 2 months of missing periods. Do not panic, do the test again after two weeks and see if you are pregnant, if that also comes negative, then you can be sure that you are not pregnant. Hope this answers your question, if you have any doubts, please write back to me. Wishing you good health. Regards