What does Loss of lordosis in the cervical spine and prominent lymph nodes" Mean?

Nov 2013

The results are back of my 2 year old son's MRI of brain, cervical spine and Thoractic and lumbar spine Brain is normal The rest please explain to me: Loss of lordosis in the cervical spine prominent lymph nodes in terms of number along the internal jugular chains and posteriorly to lesser extent, bilaterally. everything else normal
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back and mentioning the details of MRI report of your son. First of all, I would like to reassure you that these findings do not represent any serious illness. Loss of lordosis means loss of normal curvature in the spine. Normally, the cervical spine region (neck area) has an inward curvature. However, if there is neck pain or muscle spasm, this curvature may be lost. Regarding lymph nodes in the neck, we need to look for infection, in the throat, nose, scalp, etc. A course of antibiotics may be needed, if infection is found. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: