What does "LDL 145,HDL 85 and Triglycerides 56" indicate?

LDL 145, HDL 85 and Triglycerides 56....also VLDL 14. SHould I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Slightly elevated LDL levels... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have seen your lipid profile, and generally speaking, it seems within normal ranges, apart a slightly elevated LDL level, which is also associated with slightly increased risk for cardio-vascular events. To my judgement, you should not be concerned. I advise to follow a healthy diet and lifestyle regimen to keep your lipid profile components within the normal range (including LDL levels). Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What does "LDL 145,HDL 85 and Triglycerides 56" indicate? 5 hours later
The VAP lipid panel also had a few other numbers I'd like to understand...Apo B 96 Apo Al 208 Apo B/Al ratio .46 Should I be concerned? I am a 49 year old active female. I exercise 5 days/week and eat a healthy diet. I am confused why my numbers aren't more optimal. Please advise. Also, LDL was 145 but the LDL 4+3+2+1 was 128...Not sure what that means...?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 16 hours later
Brief Answer: ApoB/Al ratio determines cardio-vascular risk Detailed Answer: Hi, The lipid panel consists of various lipid molecules. Before going into detailed description, I'd gently ask to upload your lab reports in order to evaluate them and assist you further. Usually, the ApoB/Al ratio is used to determine future cardiovascular events. Yours is within normal limits, so nothing to be worried about. It is great that you are an active women, and exercising 5days/week and eat a healthy diet. I wish other women of your age should be following your sample too. There are 4 subtypes of LDL molecules. You can upload your lab results for detailed assistance. Thank you! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What does "LDL 145,HDL 85 and Triglycerides 56" indicate? 2 hours later
My scanner is not working but I will transfer info: Also, fasting was not required for this test... Total LDL 145 LDL 4+3+2+1 128 Lp(a) 10 IDL 7 Total HDL 85 HDL2 23 HDL3 62 Total VLDL 14 VLDL 1+2 5.8 VLDL3 8 Total Cholesterol 244 Triglycerides 56 Non HDL 158 Remnant Lipoproteins 15 Lp (a) 10 LDL Density A And I already sent you the Apolipoproteins. Please let me know what you analysis is of these numbers. Thanks.
Brief Answer: Normal lipid profile;keep being healthy... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for sending in the requested data. I have read your lipid profile and everything was perfectly normal as long as you are conducting a healthy diet and keeping exercised and do not have any clinical symptoms. My only recommendations are to keep on exercising and keeping healthy as you are doing now. Your overall risk for cardiovascular events is low. If you keep as fit and healthy as you are now, your risk will keep being low too. All the best! Dr.Benard