What does Homogeneous Myometrial echogenicity of uterus mean?

What does Homogeneous Myometrial echogenicity of my utereous mean?
Plus i have a habothian cyst - which is what?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic.
An imaging study may describe an organ as homogeneous or heterogeneous. Homogeneous means that the areas seen appear the same, no difference is noted in any aspect of the uterus when it was seen.myometrium is the muscular aspect of the uterus, so they are saying that it all appears the same, no abnormality seen.
A nabothian cyst is seen on the cervix. The cervix has glands that secrete mucus , these can become blocked and the mucus collects to form a cyst . A cyst is a sac that contains some type of substance, in this case mucus.
It is not cancerous and no treatment may be needed, though some women prefer to have it removed.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: What does Homogeneous Myometrial echogenicity of uterus mean? 9 minutes later
Thankyou Dr, that has put me at ease. I will make an appt with my GP for Gyno referral - hopefully remove cervical cyst and ask for a curet and futher management. Kind Regards XXXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 13 hours later
Your are welcome, wish you the best