What does "Hepatic/Liver: Alk Phos 115 High" mean?

I received my lab work. Basic Chemistry: My Carbon Dioxide 32.1 high Hepatic/Liver: Alk Phos 115 High Vitamin D 11 low Am I okay? XXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These findings are not normal! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these abnormal labs. They are clearly abnormal and the reasons for these abnormalities need to be established and addressed. However, results cannot be interpreted without correlating them with any symptoms you have so as to make reasonable hypotheses. Your carbon dioxide levels are on the low side rather than higher. They are very close to the normal range and i will not be pursue further investigations right now unless something new comes up. For vitamin D deficiency, the best approach is to take VitD supplements. Abnormal alkaline phosphatase levels raise concerns about the bone and the bile pathways. These would need further investigations to establish the cause and treat accordingly. A gastroenterologist would be the best person to follow up with on this. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for clarification and more information if need be. Besides, you look great on your picture. Thanks for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.