What does HIV Ag/Ab combo negative mean ?

Hi im 50 years old I did the flowing tests 2 days ago, HBc Total is REACTIVE and the Ref. range is Nonreactive. Also HBe-Ag is Nonreactive and the Ref. range is Nonreactive. Hepatitis B virus by PCR (quantitative) is Detected 469 IU/ml and the Ref. range is NOT detected. Two weeks ago I had a test of Hbs-Ag of Reactive (78.46). HIV Ag/Ab combo Negative. What dose all this mean, Thank you very much.
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

Absence of HIV Ag/Ab rules out the possibility of HIV in you to the maximum extent.

Then the rest of the test results like

HBsAg positive
HBeAg negative
Hep Virus 469 IU/ml
Anti HBc positive indicate the presence of infection with infections can present with symptoms like jaundice, fever, abdominal pain , loose stools or sometimes without any symptoms.

The management is first aimed at treating the symptoms if any and the anti viral medications like ADAFAVIR or INFalpha has to be placed.This will cure the infection and early intervention will prevent complications due to the infections.

Do consult an XXXXXXX medicine specialist for the same who after examining you can formulate the dose and administer the medications needed,after confirming the facts.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.