What does "HGB low 10 g/dL" indicate?

I have dizness all the time My cbc All normal except Wbc mid % high , 11.4% ( normal 3-9) HGB low 10 g/dL RBC 3.5 HCT low 29% ( normal 37-48) MCHC high 36.4 g/dL ( normal 32-36 ) Mcv 82 fL ( normal 82-95) ferritine 8 ng/ml What is the type of aneamia ? what treatment ? Note / i didnt get my period since 5 months ( i took decapeptyl 11.25 as treatment for endometriosis ) which stop my period
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 41 hours later
Brief Answer: appears to be iron deficiency. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. As your MCV is low and ferritin also low, iron deficiency is most probable. What about the serum iron level? If it is low too then it will be confirmed. Treatment is by iron supplements. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow up queries, if any.
Follow-up: What does "HGB low 10 g/dL" indicate? 10 hours later
can you give me dose ?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: please see below Detailed Answer: the dose I use normally is one capsule twice daily