What does "Glu low 68,bun low less than 5, crew low .5" indicate?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Results of my blood work back..wbc ok, MPV at 6.5, mono# high at .9. This has been the same to my prior wbc 6 mos ago. Glu low 68, bun low less than 5, crew low .5, na low 135..eGFR greater than 60, vancro R 40..6 mos ago I had similar findings, yet my doc told me my blood work looked good, however he printed me a copy so now I am concerned.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please upload the printed copy of your lab results Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Normal levels for the mean platelet volume (MPV) is 7.5 - 11.5; yours is 6.5 (considered as mildly reduced). However, if your platelet count is normal, then, this is not concerning. Normal levels for glucose is 60 - 100 mg/dl; yours is 68 falling into the normal range. If I'd explain all the parameters, I'd also need to have the normal reference ranges of the lab where you did the exams. As you have a printed copy of your blood work, can you please scan it and send it to me? I'd like to know if the blood work you did was routine or follow-up to your current health problems? If yes, can you please refer your actual health concerns? Thank you for your kind collaboration! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: What does "Glu low 68,bun low less than 5, crew low .5" indicate? 3 hours later
Yes Dr. Sejdini, I will type the report to you as I so not have a scanner. I usually get this blood work done on a routine yearly basis, though he has just started me doing it at 6 mos. I will get the report to you promptly. Thank you for your timely reply, it is appreciated. It was noted in the report something to do with the kidneys, referring to the last two values O typed..ok I will type report tonight. Thank you again.XXXX
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Happy to be assisting with your reports... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear XXXXXXX You can take a clear photo of the reports with your cellphone and upload to me. Please try to choose the clearest photo. If not applicable, can type the results exactly as you read on the reports including the reference ranges of the lab. Looking forward to have the reports in! I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Bardha